Full and Part Time Healthcare Job Vacancies
Following our recent tender award to supply quality ad-hoc staff to NHS Mental Health Hospitals, we are currently recruiting the following agency workers:
NHS Healthcare Assistant
Healthcare Assistant NHS
Various Dorset NHS Community Hospitals
Hours of work:
As and when required. Typical 6 – 12 hour shifts
Healthcare Assistant Care Certificate
Enhanced DBS essential (Care Dynamics can process new DBS applications).
To assist the Ward Manager in providing high quality nursing care in conjunction with other professionals through the hospital’s multi-disciplinary assessment, treatment and care programmes.
Main duties and responsibilities:
With regular supervision and support from qualified nursing staff:
- To assist qualified staff in the assessment of health needs, planning, delivery and evaluation of care for a number of individuals or groups of patients, including clinical risk assessment.
- To exercise a reasonable and agreed degree of professional autonomy and make judgements and decisions in order to satisfy the expectations and demands of the job.
- To undertake clinical work and related tasks as delegated by qualified nursing staff, following appropriate training and assessment of competency.
- To undertake clinical supervision in line with Trust Policy, to further develop competence and clinical practice.
- To liaise effectively with all stakeholders in the care process, including carers and relatives, aspiring to provide an effective, seamless and integrated service to patients.
- To maintain accurate, legible records of care provided, based upon the care plan, incorporating all relevant communication and liaison.
- To maintain and update relevant knowledge and skills, maintain a professional portfolio and participate in further training as appropriate, in order to enhance quality of care for patients and carers.
- To aid professional development and to comply with Clinical Governance requirements.
- To hold or work to aspire to achieving the NVQ Level 2 competencies in Care.
- To abide by and follow the NHS Code of Conduct for health care assistants, especially in relation to confidentiality.
To protect vulnerable adults from internal/external elements and act as Patient Advocate.
- To participate in the process of positively supporting and inspiring colleagues within the service to improve standards and quality and to develop professional practice.
- To comply with the Trust’s Health and Safety Policies and Protocols in order to contribute to safe working practice.
To contribute to the work of the Practice Development Unit Accreditation.
- Flexible working to meet the needs of the Unit.
As an Agency worker you will be getting paid in line with the tender and all pay will be regulated under the MONITOR.GOV cap guideline.
You will be required to pay and provide the Agency with a Fit to Work and immunisation certificate as issued by a SEQOHS certified Occupational Health.
Pay scale from £9.77 per hour for a weekday shift to £16.45 per hour for a Sunday shift.
Pension contribution available.